DIY Catio Success Stories
Catios Bring the Outdoor Life to Indoor Cats (1:47)
What DIY Catio clients are saying!
People just can’t believe we built it ourselves!”
Thanks so much for the great do-it-yourself plans!”
We are thrilled with the results of building our own catio. Thank you for such a clever idea!”
I think it’s a fantastic option for people who really love their cat companions!”
Thanks so much for your DIY Catio Plans!”
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CATIO TO CHOOSE?
We offer a variety of DIY catio designs and sizes for a window, patio, deck, garden or yard. First, consider the location for your catio and how much space you have. Next, decide whether you’d like your cat to enter the catio through a cat door in a window, wall, or door. That’s the basics. If your space is limited, consider our compact Window Box™ or Haven™ catio plans. Looking for a catio you can enjoy too? The Sanctuary™ and Oasis™ plans are a purrfect choice with space for human seating.
PICK YOUR PERFECT DIY CATIO PLAN - and see our new cat tunnel!
(Small, Medium, Large)
Compact, veranda-style window box catio applicable for slider or sash windows. PDF Download
(3x6 & 4x8)
Compact, 3-sided catio perfect for a garden, patio or deck. Space for human access. PDF Download.
(6x8 & 8x10)
Deluxe, 3-sided catio ideal for a garden, patio or deck. Space for human seating. PDF Download.
(8x8 & 8x10)
Deluxe, 4-sided catio with a cat tunnel. Space for human seating. PDF Download.
WHAT MATERIALS WILL I NEED?
All of our DIY catios can be constructed with materials available from your local home improvement or lumber store. Basic materials include framing lumber, escape-proof galvanized wire, cedar shelves and roof options including wire mesh or polycarbonate panels so your cat can enjoy a catio all year long.
Don’t worry – each DIY plan includes an easy, detailed shopping list. All catio plans are designed for the average person to make the process easy-to follow and rewarding to build.
- Step-by-step instructions including diagrams.
- Material list (materials are available from your local home improvement or lumber store)
- Tool list
- Catios are designed as panels for ease of assembly (or removal if you move in the future.)
- Roof rafters accommodate a wire mesh roof or a clear, polycarbonate weatherproof roof for year-round enjoyment.
- Door placement options for human access into the catio.
- Shelf design maximizes vertical space for cat exercise and enjoyment.
- Adjustable catio height. (Adjustable width for window box catio plans.)
- See specific plans for dimensions and design features.
PLUS BONUS information including:
- Tips for acclimating your cat to a cat door and new catio space.
- Tips for cat safe plants, enrichment, decorating and more!
All DIY Catio Plans are a pdf download so you can get started right away!