DIY Catio Success Stories
Catios Bring the Outdoor Life to Indoor Cats (1:47)
What DIY Catio clients are saying!
People just can’t believe we built it ourselves!”
Thanks so much for the great do-it-yourself plans!”
We are thrilled with the results of building our own catio. Thank you for such a clever idea!”
I think it’s a fantastic option for people who really love their cat companions!”
Thanks so much for your DIY Catio Plans!”
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CATIO TO CHOOSE?
We offer a variety of DIY catio designs and sizes for a window, patio, deck, garden or yard. First, consider the location for your catio and how much space you have. Next, decide whether you’d like your cat to enter the catio through a cat door in a window, wall, or door. That’s the basics. If your space is limited, consider our compact Window Box™ or Haven™ catio plans. Looking for a catio you can enjoy too? The Sanctuary™ and Oasis™ plans are a purrfect choice with space for human seating.
PICK YOUR PERFECT DIY CATIO PLAN - and see our new cat tunnel!
(Small, Medium, Large)
Compact, veranda-style window box catio applicable for slider or sash windows. PDF Download
(3x6 & 4x8)
Compact, 3-sided catio perfect for a garden, patio or deck. Space for human access. PDF Download.
(6x8 & 8x10)
Deluxe, 3-sided catio ideal for a garden, patio or deck. Space for human seating. PDF Download.
(8x8 & 8x10)
Deluxe, 4-sided catio with a cat tunnel. Space for human seating. PDF Download.
WHAT MATERIALS WILL I NEED?
All of our DIY catios can be constructed with materials available from your local home improvement or lumber store. Basic materials include framing lumber, escape-proof galvanized wire, cedar shelves and roof options including wire mesh or polycarbonate panels so your cat can enjoy a catio all year long.
Don’t worry – each DIY plan includes an easy, detailed shopping list. All catio plans are designed for the average person to make the process easy-to follow and rewarding to build.
- Step-by-step instructions including diagrams.
- Material list (materials are available from your local home improvement or lumber store)
- Tool list
- Catios are designed as panels for ease of assembly (or removal if you move in the future.)
- Roof rafters accommodate a wire mesh roof or a clear, polycarbonate weatherproof roof for year-round enjoyment.
- Door placement options for human access into the catio.
- Shelf design maximizes vertical space for cat exercise and enjoyment.
- Adjustable catio height. (Adjustable width for window box catio plans.)
- See specific plans for dimensions and design features.
PLUS BONUS information including:
- Tips for acclimating your cat to a cat door and new catio space.
- Tips for cat safe plants, enrichment, decorating and more!
All DIY Catio Plans are a pdf download so you can get started right away!
“Catio Spaces’ DIY Catio Plans were chosen as one of the 10 BEST CAT PRODUCTS OF THE YEAR! Between what I saw at Global Pet Expo and the products that were sent to me over the course of the year, I saw thousands of pet products in 2017. It’s hard to choose only 10 favorites, but with the help from my two product testers, and my cats (Allegra and Ruby), we’ve selected Catio Spaces’ DIY Catio Plans as one of our 10 best cat products of 2017!”