The Oasis™ Catio & Tunnel Plans
The OASIS CATIO & TUNNEL DIY Catio Plan by Catio Spaces is a 4-sided catio ideal for a garden or yard. The plan includes instructions for building a catwalk tunnel that connects your home to the catio for 24/7 cat access. The Oasis is spacious for human seating and maximizes vertical height with shelves and perches for your cat’s enjoyment. Available in 8×8 and 8×10 catio plan sizes that feature a polycarbonate or wire mesh roof option. Cat access can be through a cat door in a window, wall or door. Plans are a PDF download (materials not included). Includes a tool and material list, step-by-step instructions, and diagrams for a successful project. Plans can be customized on your own as desired.
8x8 Oasis™ & Tunnel
(materials not included)
8x10 Oasis™ & Tunnel
(materials not included)
10% is donated to an animal welfare organization. DIY Catio Plans are a PDF Download.
You don't need to be an experienced carpenter!
Each DIY catio plan is easy to follow and rewarding to build…
or hire a carpenter to build the catio plan for you.
SAVE TIME & MONEY by taking the guesswork out of building a catio with our award winning DIY Catio Plans!
Your DIY Catio Plans are great! Every detail was considered and the catio is so beautifully professional and secure. I feel safe giving my cats permanent access, even at night. People can’t believe we built it ourselves!
The Oasis DIY catio plans feature roof options including a wire mesh, fully-covered polycarbonate roof or a combination of both. Catios can be painted, stained or left natural to complement your home. The plan can be customized on your own based on your preferences.
All catio plans are designed for the average person to make the process easy-to follow and rewarding to build.
- Step-by-step instructions including diagrams.
- Material list (materials are available from your local home improvement or lumber store)
- Tool list
- Catios are designed as panels for ease of assembly (or removal if you move in the future.)
- Instructions for setting 2 vertical posts in cement or plans can be modified as desired.
- Roof rafters accommodate a wire mesh roof or a clear, polycarbonate weatherproof roof for year-round enjoyment.
- Door placement options for human access into the catio.
- Shelf design maximizes vertical space for cat exercise and enjoyment.
- Also includes step-by-step instructions and diagrams for building a catwalk tunnel.
|Ground frame:||8′ wide x 7’7 1⁄2”deep||10′ wide x 7’7 1⁄2”deep|
|Height – back (house side):||7’7″ high||7’7″ high|
|Height – front:||7’4″ high||7’4″ high|
|Polycarbonate roof with overhang:||8’6” wide x 8’ deep||10’6” wide x 8’ deep|
|Wire mesh roof with trim:||8’3″ wide x 7’9” deep||10’3” wide x 7’9” deep|
|Dimensions for the polycarbonate roof option includes a 1 1⁄2”overhang on the front and sides.
Catio height can also be reduced by burying the 4×4 ground frame or reducing panel height in 3” increments.
|Tunnel dimensions||21″x21″||varying length|
PLUS BONUS information including:
- Tips for acclimating your cat to a cat door and new catio space.
- Tips for cat safe plants, enrichment, decorating and more!
You’ll receive a pdf download of your catio plan so you can get started right away!
Want us to design your dream catio?
If you live in the Greater Seattle area we can design + build your catio for you.