DIY Catio Plans
It’s easy to build a catio with our DIY CATIO PLANS!
Catio Spaces offers a variety of DIY CATIO PLANS that take the guess work out of building a catio to SAVE TIME AND MONEY!
Best of all, you don’t need to be an expert carpenter. Each DIY catio plan is easy to follow and rewarding to build!
Keep your cats safe, healthy and happy in a catio, an outdoor cat enclosure, that complements your home.
Life is good in a Catio!
Build one yourself…or hire a carpenter to build a catio plan for you!
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CATIO TO CHOOSE?
We offer a variety of DIY catio designs and sizes for a window, patio, deck, garden or yard. First, consider the location for your catio and how much space you have. Next, decide whether you’d like your cat to enter the catio through a cat door in a window, wall, or door. That’s the basics. If your space is limited, consider our compact Window Box™ or Haven™ catio plans. Looking for a catio you can enjoy too? The Sanctuary™ and Oasis™ plans are a purrfect choice with space for human seating.
PICK YOUR PERFECT DIY CATIO PLAN!
DIY Catio plans save you time & money
Take the guess work out of building your very own catio.
WHAT MATERIALS WILL I NEED?
All of our DIY catios can be constructed with materials available from your local home improvement or lumber store. Basic materials include framing lumber, escape-proof galvanized wire, cedar shelves and roof options including wire mesh or polycarbonate panels so your cat can enjoy a catio all year long.
Don’t worry – each DIY plan includes an easy, detailed shopping list. All catio plans are designed for the average person to make the process easy-to follow and rewarding to build.
- Step-by-step instructions including diagrams.
- Material list (materials are available from your local home improvement or lumber store)
- Tool list
- Catios are designed as panels for ease of assembly (or removal if you move in the future.)
- Roof rafters accommodate a wire mesh roof or a clear, polycarbonate weatherproof roof for year-round enjoyment.
- Door placement options for human access into the catio.
- Shelf design maximizes vertical space for cat exercise and enjoyment.
- Adjustable catio height. (Adjustable width for window box catio plans.)
- See specific plans for dimensions and design features.
- Tips for acclimating your cat to a cat door and new catio space.
- Tips for cat safe plants, enrichment, decorating and more!
DIY Catio Success Stories….what clients are saying!
“Your DIY Catio Plans were a perfect solution for us and the directions are great! Every detail was considered and the plans were easy to follow. The catio is so beautifully professional and secure. I feel safe giving my cats permanent access, even at night. People just can’t believe we built it ourselves!”-Emily S., OR
“I’m a 55 year old nurse, and if I can do it, anyone can! I priced out several pre-built options from other companies, and just couldn’t afford it. I investigated your website and with my home improvement skills I realized I could do this. I had my husband help with holding panels for the joining panels step, but I essentially built it myself. I think it’s a fantastic option for people who really love their cat companions!”Jacki H., WI
“Thank you for creating your detailed DIY Catio Plans and offering them at an affordable price! My cat Sissy wants to enjoy the sun and watch birds so I’ve built the catio with her happiness in my mind. Cats everywhere are thanking you!”Zoey C., CA