DIY Catio Plans
It’s easy to build a catio with our award winning DIY CATIO PLANS! Build one yourself…or hire a carpenter to build a catio plan for you!
Best of all, you don’t need to be an expert carpenter. Each DIY catio plan is easy to follow and rewarding to build!
Keep your cats safe, healthy and happy in a catio, an outdoor cat enclosure, that complements your home.
Life is good in a Catio!
HOW DO I KNOW WHAT CATIO TO CHOOSE?
We offer a variety of DIY catio designs and sizes for a window, patio, deck, garden or yard. First, consider the location for your catio and how much space you have. Next, decide whether you’d like your cat to enter the catio through a cat door in a window, wall, or door. That’s the basics. If your space is limited, consider our compact Window Box™, Cat Tunnel™ or Haven™ catio plans. Looking for a catio you can enjoy too? The Sanctuary™ and Oasis™ plans are a purrfect choice with space for human seating.
PICK YOUR PERFECT DIY CATIO PLAN - and see our new cat tunnel!
(Small, Medium, Large)
Compact, veranda-style window box catio applicable for slider or sash windows. PDF Download
(3x6 & 4x8)
Compact, 3-sided catio perfect for a garden, patio or deck. Space for human access. PDF Download.
(6x8 & 8x10)
Deluxe, 3-sided catio ideal for a garden, patio or deck. Space for human seating. PDF Download.
(8x8 & 8x10)
Deluxe, 4-sided catio with a cat tunnel. Space for human seating. PDF Download.
CAT TUNNEL DIY PLAN – An Outdoor Adventure your Cat will Love!
The CAT TUNNEL DIY Catio Plan by Catio Spaces provides a safe and stimulating adventure for your cat to enjoy fresh air and the enrichment of the outdoors. Our DIY plan features how to build a spacious 8-foot x 18 ½” x 20” tunnel with cedar flooring and includes a variety of options including custom lengths, tunnel configurations and mounting options. Ideal for a patio, deck, window, fence or garden, the tunnel can also connect your home to a freestanding catio. PDF download.
DIY Catio Success Stories….what clients are saying!
WHAT MATERIALS WILL I NEED?
All of our DIY catios can be constructed with materials available from your local home improvement or lumber store. Basic materials include framing lumber, escape-proof galvanized wire, cedar shelves and roof options including wire mesh or polycarbonate panels so your cat can enjoy a catio all year long.
Don’t worry – each DIY plan includes an easy, detailed shopping list. All catio plans are designed for the average person to make the process easy-to follow and rewarding to build.
- Step-by-step instructions including diagrams.
- Material list (materials are available from your local home improvement or lumber store)
- Tool list
- Catios are designed as panels for ease of assembly (or removal if you move in the future.)
- Roof rafters accommodate a wire mesh roof or a clear, polycarbonate weatherproof roof for year-round enjoyment.
- Door placement options for human access into the catio.
- Shelf design maximizes vertical space for cat exercise and enjoyment.
- Adjustable catio height. (Adjustable width for window box catio plans.)
- See specific plans for dimensions and design features.
PLUS BONUS information including:
- Tips for acclimating your cat to a cat door and new catio space.
- Tips for cat safe plants, enrichment, decorating and more!
All DIY Catio Plans are a pdf download so you can get started right away!
Want us to design your dream catio?
If you live in the Greater Seattle area we can design + build your catio for you.