The HAVEN™ Catio
The HAVEN DIY Catio Plan by Catio Spaces is a compact, 3-sided catio ideal for a garden, patio or deck. If you have limited space, the Haven maximizes vertical height with shelves and perches for your cat’s enjoyment. Catio height allows cat access through a window or door. Available in 3x6 and 4x8 catio plan sizes that include a polycarbonate or wire mesh roof option.
10% of each plan purchase is donated to an animal welfare organization. DIY Catio Plans are available as a PDF DOWNLOAD.
You don’t need to be an experienced carpenter!
Each DIY catio plan is easy to follow and rewarding to build…
or hire a carpenter to build the catio plan for you.
SAVE TIME & MONEY by taking the guesswork out of building a catio!
Your DIY Catio Plans were a perfect solution for us and the directions are great! Every detail was considered and the plans were easy to follow. The catio is so beautifully professional and secure. I feel safe giving my cats permanent access, even at night. People just can’t believe we built it ourselves!”- Emily S., OR
The Haven DIY catio plans feature roof options including a wire mesh, fully-covered polycarbonate roof or a combination of both. Catios can be painted, stained or left natural to complement your home.
All catio plans are designed for the average person to make the process easy-to follow and rewarding to build.
- Step-by-step instructions including diagrams.
- Material list (materials are available from your local home improvement or lumber store)
- Tool list
- Catios are designed as panels for ease of assembly (or removal if you move in the future.)
- No digging and setting posts in cement!
- Roof rafters accommodate a wire mesh roof or a clear, polycarbonate weatherproof roof for year-round enjoyment.
- Door placement options for human access into the catio.
- Shelf design maximizes vertical space for cat exercise and enjoyment.
- Catio height allows cat access through a window or door.
|Ground frame:||6′ wide x 2’10 1⁄2”deep||8′ wide x 3’10 1⁄2”deep|
|Height – back (house side):||8’7″ high||8’7″ high|
|Height – front:||8’4″ high||8’4″ high|
|Polycarbonate roof with overhang:||6’6” wide x 3’ deep||8’6” wide x 4’ deep|
|Wire mesh roof with trim:||6’3″ wide x 2’10 1⁄2” deep||8’3” wide x 3’10 1⁄2” deep|
|Dimensions for the polycarbonate roof option includes a 1 1⁄2”overhang on the front and sides.|
Catio height can also be reduced by burying the 4x4 ground frame or reducing panel height in 3” increments.
PLUS BONUS information including:
- Tips for acclimating your cat to a cat door and new catio space.
- Tips for cat safe plants, enrichment, decorating and more!
You’ll receive a pdf download of your catio plan so you can get started right away!